[Paraview] Python script for aero-optic analysis of CFD results

Ben Orr benjamincorr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:12:55 EST 2016

Paraview community,

I am trying to batch process CFD results for aero-optic analysis. My plan
is to create a series of PlotOverLine interpolations between the sensor and
farfield boundary, and then use the data along that ray to do the
aero-optic calculations. I will be using pvbatch since I have no need to
visualize any step of the process.

What is the best way to extract the data arrays (preferably only the arrays
I need, by name), from the PlotOverLine object? For example, I can call "
plotOverLine1.PointData['Density'].GetRange()" to get the min and max of
the Density array, but I want the whole array.

Thank you,

Ben Orr
benjamincorr at gmail.com