[Paraview] paraview web architecture

Rodrigo Pelorosso rodrigo.pelorosso at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:42:22 EDT 2016

Sadly, I feel there should be A LOT more documentation regarding
ParaviewWeb.

What I found useful to learn how to interact with the Paraview server using
python is the Tracer feature of paraview. It can show what python commands
the interface triggers. I've found that there are some commands that are
not displayed, though. (changing the texture of a source, for instance.
I've yet to discover how to do that via python)

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Daniel Zuidinga <info at seoaachen.de> wrote:

> Hi once again,
>
> what's a good way to learn paraview web? I am still struggling a a bit
> with it's architecture. Protocol.py is the entry point? When I want for
> example to change the default background color for all renderers where do I
> have to look? Is this set once or for each renderer?
>
> Another thing I would like to change is that I can open a file from client
> inside a running pv web session so that I can load pv web upfront and load
> files without this long wait time.
>
> best regards
> Daniel

> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensou
> rce/opensource.html

Nusive || Software Development and IT solutions
www.nusive.com