[Paraview] Catalyst causing crash during WriteImages stage

Christopher Neal chrisneal at snumerics.com
Fri Aug 26 18:54:25 EDT 2016

Hi,

I’m running a version of Catalyst that was compiled with ParaView 5.1. I generated a catalyst script using ParaView 5.1 that just performs a clip of the domain and then outputs a .png of the view. I’m seeing an error about a floating point exception. I’ve had success with scripts that strictly just save data to the *vtu format. This is my first script that tries to save a screenshot of the simulation domain.

I went through and put print statements around my code, and the error is in the CoProcess function:

if(Processor->RequestDataDescription(dataDescription.GetPointer())!=0){

          dataDescription->GetInputDescriptionByName("input")->SetGrid(VTKGrid) ;

          Processor->CoProcess(dataDescription.GetPointer()) ;

        }

I took the above from the CxxFullExample Catalyst example.

I only have 1 script, so I peppered print statements around it and saw that the code was crashing in the DoCoProcessing function, specifically during the call to coprocessor.WriteImages(datadescription,rescale_lookuptable=False).

Has anyone had an issue like this before when using Catalyst?

Thank you,

Chris Neal