[Paraview] Opacity mapping and image texture in ParaView 5.1.2

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 23 10:25:53 EDT 2016

Venke,

That definitely looks like a bug, and I was able to replicate the behavior. Thanks for reporting it. I added the issue to the bug tracker (https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/16853).

-Ken

From: ParaView [mailto:paraview-bounces at paraview.org] On Behalf Of postgurke at web.de
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:44 AM
To: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Paraview] Opacity mapping and image texture in ParaView 5.1.2

Hello

I have an issue regarding the "enable opacity mapping for surfaces" (in the Color Map Editor) if the ParaView session contains another object that has an image loaded as texture. The problem occurs in ParaView 5.1.2 but not in earlier versions (tested with 5.0.1. and 4.3.1). I am working on Windows 64bit.

If I want to enable the opacity mapping for surfaces everything works as expected as long as I have no texture image. The behaviour is very strange: if I load a texture image in another object, this seems to be set to the background with the transparent volume cutting a window to see this image. I will include snapshots because I think that my explanation may not be very clear. With no opacity mapping enabled I can see the volume and the plane with the image as expected.

Should I do anything differently in the new ParaView to achieve a transparent volume along with the image texture object or is this "just" a bug? Thank you very much and best regards
Venke