[Paraview] Feasibility of and documentation on implementing a Paraview Client.

corinna reuter corinnareuter75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:49:46 EDT 2016

Sorry, my Paraview experience is too limited and my Unreal knowledge is
zero, so that I won't be able to give you anything else than some ideas.
First of all, Paraview cannot compete with game engines in terms of
rendering speed, because the data structures are more complicated.
Still, if you write your own "Paraview client", you'll end up with the
original paraview application reduced to only the 3d view widget. You could
suppress its output and grab the image data.
I guess you have already considered fixing the OpenGL setup. If you are
running on a headless cluster, you could install the osmesa implementation.
But without a thorough understanding of how you are interfacing with the
Unreal engine in detail and what data type and sizes and frame rates you
expect, I cannot suggest anything else than following the wiki on custom
Paraview applications. I am sure, others on this list will help.

Corinna