[Paraview] load plugin through python scripts

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri Aug 12 10:35:36 EDT 2016

you need to provide your globals to LoadPlugin, so it can add H5PartReader into
the main scope.
Otherwise, you will need to use the full path which should be something
along that

servermanager.sources.H5PartReader

def LoadPlugin(filename, remote=True, ns=None):

    """Loads a ParaView plugin and updates this module with new constructors

    if any. The remote argument (default to True) is to specify whether

    the plugin will be loaded on client (remote=False) or on server
(remote=True).

    If you loaded the simple module with from paraview.simple import *,

    make sure to pass globals() as an argument::

        LoadPlugin("myplugin", False, globals()) # to load on client

        LoadPlugin("myplugin", True, globals())  # to load on server

        LoadPlugin("myplugin", ns=globals())     # to load on server

    Otherwise, the new functions will not appear in the global namespace."""