[Paraview] Custom widget integration in Paraview

corinna reuter corinnareuter75 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:58:47 EDT 2016

Hello,
I am looking for a possibility how to integrate a custom widget into the
ParaView UI. (It is basically a text widget displaying properties of a
custom filter. In addition to the standard property widgets I have to
modify the widget's notification system. But these are implementation
details, and all I need to know from you at the moment, how I can add a
simple textfield into the UI.)

I found the ADD_3DWIDGET macro in ParaviewPlugins.cmake and a few
unanswered threads discussing whether this macro serves the purpose. It
seems like it does. But there is no documentation or example how to proceed.

Does somebody have a code snippet or a link to a description that explains
how to define custom widgets either in a plugin or hardcoded into Paraview?
Either using ADD_3DWIDGET or any other solution?

Thank you
Corinna