[Paraview] Slicing a sphere based on longitudes and latitudes

Lester Anderson arctica1963 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 09:29:13 EDT 2016

Hello,

Quick query, but is there an easy way to slice a spherical Earth model
based on longitude and latitude while keeping the origin at the
centre?

What I am looking to do is slice along a fixed longitude or latitude, e.g.

Longitude slice at 150 degrees; Latitude slice at -30 degrees.

Based on the use of a Great circle definition with the origin at
0,0,0. The data are stored based on the Earth radii. The reference
frame (XYZ) orients with the axes  Z (+/- 90), X( 0,180) and Y(-90,90)
- overlaying a coastline vector goes in the right place.

I can see where the values have to be entered using the origin/normal
but not entirely sure about the formula to use. Hopefully someone can
give a quick pointer on this?

Thanks
Lester