[Paraview] Profiling Paraview

Christopher Neal chrisneal at snumerics.com
Mon Aug 1 12:18:45 EDT 2016

Hello,

For several months now I have had a serious issue with a Paraview Python script causing an enormous slowdown in the performance of Paraview as it executes. I have tried the old-fashioned method of peppering timing statements everywhere in the python script, but it is very tedious and hasn’t led me to the source of the issue. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to run a Paraview python script through a more advanced software profiler i.e. has anyone profiled the performance of Paraview as it executes a python script? And if so, what tools did you use?

Thank you,

Chris Neal