[Paraview] Regarding filtering of point data array

Vaibhav Agrawal vaibhav.agrawal at postgrad.curtin.edu.au
Sun Apr 3 12:25:48 EDT 2016

Hi Paraview-Help,
I am working on the DEM simulations of bubbling fluidized bed using MFIX-DEM software.
The output files of my simulations are of two type - one containing the cell data such gas - volume fraction, pressure etc and other file containing the point data such as particle positions and particle velocity. I want to filter my point data file, on the basis of positions, i.e., I want to create a subset of all the particles available at that time step, whose positions (X,Y,Z) lies within a certain range ([Xmin, Xmax], [Ymin, Ymax], [Zmin, Zmax]). For e.g. let's suppose I have an point data array of size 20X7, where my 2nd,3rd and 4th columns contains the X, Y, X position of particles. I want to filter this point data array on the basis of particle position (X,Y,Z) such that my new point data array will be smaller in dimension (let's say 6X7), and will have only those points, whose 2nd, 3rd, 4th column contains the values which lies in the user defined range. I hope I am able to define my problem clearly.

I have tried using some filters like clip, slice etc, but didn't worked out well.
Is there any way - filters/python script to do this? If yes, how should I proceed to sort out my problem?
For your reference, I am attaching here a raw file generated by MFIX-DEM, which has a point data array, which I want to filter. Because of point data array, you won't see anything In the render view, but you'll see the point data array in Spreadsheet view

Thanks and Regards
Vaibhav Agrawal
PhD | Department of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Science and Engineering

Curtin University
Mobile | +61451818978
Email | Vaibhav.Agrawal at postgrad.curtin.edu.au<mailto:Vaibhav.Agrawal at postgrad.curtin.edu.au>
Web | http://curtin.edu.au<http://curtin.edu.au/>

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)