[Paraview] Time Variables in CF Conventions

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 26 14:14:20 EDT 2016

The netCDF CF reader in ParaView does support time dimensions. For example, the netCDF file tos_O1_2001-2002.nc used for VTK testing (https://midas3.kitware.com/midas/item/206312) has a time dimension and it loads just fine.

As I recall, the CF convention defines the time dimension using a units property on the variable that specifies some unit of time. One problem that has occurred in the past is that sometimes the time unit is something that the reader does not recognize as time. What is the time units used in your data set?

-Ken