[Paraview] Segfault with OpenGL2

Harald Klimach harald at klimachs.de
Tue Apr 19 03:36:16 EDT 2016

Hi,

just to round this thread up:

The problem with the limited screen (the ungarbled output is VGA 640x480) can be resolved by
using offscreen rendering, so I guess this is somewhat related to the graphics card, though the
connection information still shows the nvidia card being used in that case.

However, there are two systems where the complete screen is garbled. Even when using
offscreen rendering on the pvserver side. For those I needed to fallback to x2go and VirtualGL,
and I am now using the precompiled binaries. Those do not exhibit the segmentation fault that
I observed with the self-compiled version. The main difference seems to be the usage of Qt5.

Thus, I guess the formerly observed segfault is related to some interaction between Qt5 and the
OpenGL2 rendering.

Best,
Harald