[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Client-server mode fails with 5.0.1

Paul Melis paul.melis at surfsara.nl
Mon Apr 18 14:01:11 EDT 2016

Hi Alan,

On 04/18/2016 06:48 PM, Scott, W Alan wrote:
> Paul,
> Ssh -X is not working with newest ParaView.  X forwarding does not support the needed version of OpenGL for ParaView 5.0.1.
>
> Could that be your problem?
Err, I'm not sure where the X forwarding suddenly comes from, or why you
would want to use it in ParaView client-server mode? I'm simply running
the client locally on my workstation and one or more server processes on
our render cluster. This has always worked for me with earlier versions
of ParaView, but something seems to have changed. It could be the newer
NVidia driver we use since a few weeks, but like I said, I don't see
issues with any other OpenGL application.

Paul

--

Paul Melis
| Visualization group leader & developer | SURFsara |