[Paraview] [EXT] Re: v5.0.1 & RealVNC

Niklas Röber roeber at dkrz.de
Wed Apr 13 16:32:30 EDT 2016

Hi,

haven't read the entire thread, but if you want remote visualization and
HAVE GPUs, why don't you use VirtualGL? Then you would start it with
"vglrun paraview", and ParaView would get a GPU buffer for direct
rendering. It is very easy to setup, just google for VirtualGL, and if
something does not work, email me...

Cheers...
Niklas

> Chuck,
>

> This is what I get – none of this means anything to me!
>

> Dennis
>

> Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display "alnx031:15.0".
>
> OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
>
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
>
> OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)
>
> OpenGL extensions:

Dr. Niklas Röber
Visualisierung
Abteilung Anwendungen

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • D-20146 Hamburg • Germany

email: roeber at dkrz.de
phone: +49 (0)40 460094 283
  fax: +49 (0)40 460094 270
  web: http://www.dkrz.de/

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784