[Paraview] Segfault with OpenGL2

Harald Klimach harald at klimachs.de
Tue Apr 12 16:42:02 EDT 2016

> Unfortunately I suspect this is an issue with NVIDIA driver. Their EGL support is still brand new and currently seems to be fairly brittle between driver releases so perhaps best to wait until it settles a bit and just stick with X for now :-(.  Are you able to use the X+OpenGL2 (i.e. no egl)  pvserver for remote rendering?

Yes, as reported in http://paraview.markmail.org/thread/c46ycyk3db4spov4, this
option seems to work. One weird thing I observed is the different OpenGL version
strings reported when using OpenGL2+EGL.

X+OpenGL2 is perfectly fine, I’ll test this a little more extensively.
Thanks a lot for bearing with me!

Harald