[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] BadAlloc Error

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Apr 1 11:02:06 EDT 2016

Hi Lloyd,

Based on feedback from NVIDIA regarding the driver: they suggest you wait
until mid next week, some things will change significantly.

It _looks_ like the 361 version should become a Tesla driver. NVIDIA does a
significant amount of testing on the Tesla drivers so their release cycle
isn't quite as often as their regular GPU cards. I think it was the 358.16
drivers that I've tried on the K40P cards and didn't have any issues but I
don't know how your sys-admins feel about installing drivers which aren't
officially supported on the K80s. If you don't use them, you'll then want
361.33 or newer driver.

Best,

Andy