[Paraview] pvpython and H5Part Issues

Amit Goel Amit.Goel at ucf.edu
Wed Oct 21 14:36:27 EDT 2015

 I used GUI to generate a python script from the actions of visualizing and h5part file. From GUI I can see the visualization, but when I use pvpython, this is the error I get:

fluid:~ armando$ /Applications/ArmandoApps/paraview.app/Contents/bin/pvpython
Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul 14 2015, 19:46:27)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 6.0 (clang-600.0.39)] on darwin
>>> armandoh5part = H5PartReader(FileName='/Users/—-snip--/accretionsim/build/armando.h5part')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'H5PartReader' is not defined

The H5Part plugin is enabled in GUI, thats how I was able to visualize and generate the script.

Do I have to load the plugin in pvpython ? If yes then how can I do that ?

Regards

Amit