[Paraview] Fetching data from xdmf temporal collection

Armin Wehrfritz dkxls23 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:33:07 EDT 2015

Hi Jean-Michel,

just to mention, I don't think VTK is significantly more efficient than
ParaView. In practice you shouldn't feel a difference, since all the
heavy data handling is anyways done by VTK.

Anyway, I attached a script that shows you how to read XDMF data, step
through the time steps, wrap the data for numpy and print out some basic
infos.

Regarding the GetOutput() method, to get data object from the XDMF
reader you have to use the GetOutputDataObject(0) method.
But I don't know the difference between the two of them, and this also
may depends on your VTK version, I'm using 6.2.

-Armin