[Paraview] OpenGL2 and ParaView 4.3.1 ...

Stock, Mark Mark.Stock at nrel.gov
Tue Jun 16 10:14:49 EDT 2015

Niklas,

The CMake command that builds a workable Paraview 4.3.1 with OpenGL2 backend for me is:

cmake28 -DVTK_RENDERING_BACKEND=OpenGL2 -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/opt/qt/4.8.5/bin/qmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/ParaView/ParaView-v4.3.1-OpenGL2 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_SciberQuestToolKit=OFF -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_PointSprite=OFF -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_EyeDomeLighting=OFF -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_MobileRemoteControl=OFF -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_SurfaceLIC=OFF -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_UncertaintyRendering=OFF -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_RGBZView=OFF

(cmake28 because I'm on RHEL 6.5)

I have not tried volume rendering yet, and it still seems to crash on some filters, but triangle mesh rendering is at least 20x faster. Can you turn off HAVS and just use the projected tetra method for volume viz?

Mark