[Paraview] Selecting volume rendering causes output to vanish

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Jun 10 14:58:26 EDT 2015

No, I don't think so. It would be nice if you can try Burlen suggestion to
see if it works for built in datasets / sources.

- Aashish

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Jeff Becker <jeffrey.c.becker at nasa.gov>
wrote:

> On 06/10/2015 11:46 AM, Burlen Loring wrote:
>
>> Hmm. If Bunyk ray cast doesn't work some thing strange is going on as
>> that is a software(non gpu) algorithm and should always work.
>>
>> Can you get anything to show up using a small test data? For example
>> create a wavelet source and apply a threshold (use default values) to
>> convert to unstructured data. If that works maybe something with your input
>> data, or size of it.
>>

> It's a 500 by 500 by 500 grid of floats - is that too big?

>>> I have both of those set - no luck. BTW, this is ParaView 4.3.1 on an
>>> NVIDIA backend. glxinfo shows:
>>>
>>> $ glxinfo | head -30
>>> name of display: :0.0
>>> display: :0  screen: 0
>>> direct rendering: Yes
>>> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
>>> server glx version string: 1.4
>>> server glx extensions:
>>>     GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
>>>     GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
>>>     GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear,
>>>     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_buffer_age,
>>> GLX_ARB_create_context,
>>>     GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile,
>>>     GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile,
>>> GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness,
>>>     GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_EXT_stereo_tree, GLX_ARB_multisample,
>>>     GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float,
>>> GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
>>>     GLX_NV_multisample_coverage
>>> client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
>>> client glx version string: 1.4
>>> client glx extensions:
>>>     GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
>>>     GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
>>>     GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_NV_video_out, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
>>> GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
>>>     GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control,
>>> GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear,
>>>     GLX_EXT_buffer_age, GLX_ARB_create_context,
>>>     GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_NV_float_buffer,
>>>     GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float,
>>>     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
>>>     GLX_NV_present_video, GLX_NV_copy_image, GLX_NV_multisample_coverage,
>>>     GLX_NV_video_capture, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile,
>>>     GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile,
>>> GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness,
>>>     GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_EXT_stereo_tree

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*