[Paraview] Selecting volume rendering causes output to vanish

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Jun 10 14:30:46 EDT 2015

Can you send the entire output of glxinfo?

- Aashish

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Jeff Becker <jeffrey.c.becker at nasa.gov>
wrote:

> On 06/10/2015 11:06 AM, Burlen Loring wrote:
>
>> 2 things to try: set the remote render threshold to zero, and if that
>> doesn't get it to show up, change the mapper to Bunyk ray cast.  One of
>> those usually works depending on what the cause of the issue is.
>>

> I have both of those set - no luck. BTW, this is ParaView 4.3.1 on an
> NVIDIA backend. glxinfo shows:
>
> $ glxinfo | head -30
> name of display: :0.0
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes
> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> server glx version string: 1.4
> server glx extensions:
>     GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
>     GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
>     GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear,
>     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_buffer_age,
> GLX_ARB_create_context,
>     GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile,
>     GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness,
>     GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_EXT_stereo_tree, GLX_ARB_multisample,
>     GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
>     GLX_NV_multisample_coverage
> client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> client glx version string: 1.4
> client glx extensions:
>     GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
>     GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
>     GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_NV_video_out, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
> GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
>     GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear,
>     GLX_EXT_buffer_age, GLX_ARB_create_context,
>     GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_NV_float_buffer,
>     GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float,
>     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
>     GLX_NV_present_video, GLX_NV_copy_image, GLX_NV_multisample_coverage,
>     GLX_NV_video_capture, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile,
>     GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness,
>     GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_EXT_stereo_tree
>

>> On 06/10/2015 11:00 AM, Jeff Becker wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. I have an unstructured grid file that opens and displays in Surface
>>> Rendering mode. If I switch to Volume Rendering, I don't see any output.
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> -jeff
>>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>>> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*