[Paraview] pvserver segfault

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jun 10 13:34:35 EDT 2015

In general a greyed out filter means that one of its input preconditions is
not satisfied. In this case D3 needs more than 1 rank, but if the input was
a structured data set instead of an unstructured one then that would
disable it too.

In windows and linux there should be text in the bottom left of the app
that explains when you mouse over a disabled filter. Otherwise you have to
look at the help for the filter in question and figure it out.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive