[Paraview] Newbie in ParaView: Paraview won't run: BadValue and GLXBadContext

Petq Stoyanova rapixxx at abv.bg
Tue Jul 21 22:42:47 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am a total newbie in CFD and ParaView. I was trying to do the OpenFOAM tutorials and running ParaView to view the mesh was one of the first steps, and unfortunately it's where I stumble upon:

X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2

 Extension:

 149 (Uknown extension)

 Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)

 Resource id:
 0x0
X Error: GLXBadContext 151

 Extension:

 149 (Uknown extension)

 Minor opcode: 5 (Unknown request)

 Resource id:
 0x10002bc

ParaView gives indication of starting then freezes wihout displayng the contents of the opened windows. The version of ParaView I'm using is 3.12.0 for 64-bit systems. I'm using it via the Cygwin Terminal.
To be honest, I have limitted expirience with SSH (I have just started) and everything I read sounds like Chinese to me. If anybody can help and also explain to me what and why I will be extremely grateful. (It may happen that you need to tell me things in a way that a 90-year old grandma who sees computer for the first time would understand :( )

-Petya