[Paraview] Point clouds and computing PCA on voxels

Luca Morandini lmorandini at ieee.org
Sat Jul 18 03:21:20 EDT 2015

Folks,

I would like to compute PCA on some LIDAR data in order to tell, say, walls from
cables. Therefore, it would be useful to know the eigenvectors/eigenvalues of the
point clouds belonging to voxels of different sizes.

However, I have been unable so far to find a way to achieve this in ParaView,
possibly using Python: can someone be so benevolent as to show me the way?

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Melbourne eResearch Group
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini