[Paraview] Fwd: trouble on merging STL meshes

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Jul 15 09:28:44 EDT 2015

Anny,

You will need to apply an Append Geometry filter to your two STL files. To
use it, control-click on your two STL files in the Pipeline Browser. Then
choose the Filters -> Alphabetical -> Append Geometry filter and click
apply. You should get a new pipeline object named "AppendGeometry1". Click
on this and choose File -> Save Data... Find the STL extension in the
"Files of type" menu save your STL file.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Anny Su <anny9936 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir/Ms,
>
> I'm having trouble with ParaView when trying to merge two different STL
> mesh into one. I imported these two STL mesh and can find it suitable well
> when open the eye on pipeline, but I can't find a way to export these whole
> STL mesh. I tried many ways such as click Apply button below the pipeline
> browser and changed some parameters; chose all files by pressing ctrl, but
> it didn't work when I save it as another file, it often saved as the last
> file I chose, not the merged mesh.
>
> Please help me if you know how to merge STL files. By the way, do not
> change any of its original settings will be better.
>
> Thanks for your time in advance and looking for your reply!
>
> Anny
>
> 7.15

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer