[Paraview] PCL Plugin

Eric Younkin - NOAA Federal eric.g.younkin at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 10 11:49:18 EDT 2015

Thanks Casey.  I'm reading in the Veloview Developer guide (
https://github.com/Kitware/VeloView/tree/master/Documentation) that
Veloview requires VTK6 and Qt 4.8.  I'm currently compiling Paraview from
source using Qt5.5 and VTK libraries that came with Paraview source.  Do I
need to download VTK6 and Qt4.8 and use those?  I've had some issues with
VS2013 and compiling with Qt4.

Also, I'm currently getting the following repeating error upon configuring
in CMake:

CMake Warning (dev) in ThirdParty/QtTesting/vtkqttesting/CMakeLists.txt:
Policy CMP0020 is not set: Automatically link Qt executables to qtmain
target on Windows. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0020" for policy details.
Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

I'm seeing some references on the VTK users group (
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2013-July/080543.html) that
seem to indicate you can ignore them.  Any reason I shouldn't continue with
Qt5.5?

Thanks,
Eric

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Casey Goodlett <casey.goodlett at kitware.com