[Paraview] Probe location in a script

Armin Wehrfritz dkxls23 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 09:36:35 EDT 2015

I typically use VTK directly when I want to access the raw data from
python/numpy.  See the series of Blog post by Berk Geveci for more
information on that: http://kitware.com/blog/home/post/709

In ParaView, to my understanding, you first have to get the data from
the backend to the frontend with "servermanager.Fetch".  I attached a
modified version of the script that shows you how to do this in a
quick-and-dirty way.  See more here:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting

If there is a better way to get access to the raw data, I would be
really happy to learn how to do this.

Best regards,
Armin