[Paraview] Probe location in a script

mctolille at netcourrier.com mctolille at netcourrier.com
Thu Jul 2 10:47:28 EDT 2015

Thanks for the tip. I actually already used tracing in order to find the command:
    Probelocation.ProbeType.Center = [10.0,20.0,30.0]

But the problem is that I don't know how to access to the data (rho, vx, vy...) at that location in the python script

And since tracing does not capture "Save data", I don't even know how to write the data in a file

Cheers,
Mc Fly

Date : 02/07/2015 15:55:04 CEST

Hi McFly,

The Python Tracing facility in ParaView is perfect for this kind of task. It records a trace of your actions in the ParaView GUI to a Python script that you can modify a bit to process a bunch of files. To turn on tracing, choose the Tools -> Start Trace menu item.

More info on tracing is available in the ParaView User Guide [1] under section 1.6.2.

Best regards,

Cory

[1] http://www.paraview.org/paraview-guide/