[Paraview] Zooming through the ParaViewWeb API

Scott Wittenburg scott.wittenburg at kitware.com
Wed Jul 1 18:28:08 EDT 2015

Here is a sample from my websocket frames just now:

[48,4996973606207488,{},"viewport.mouse.interaction",[{"view":353,"action":"move","altKey":false,"ctrlKey":false,"shiftKey":false,"metaKey":false,"buttonLeft":false,"buttonMiddle":false,"buttonRight":true,"x":0.7654596100278551,"y":0.38173817381738173}]]

It seems the "action" should be set to "move" rather than "none", as in the
documentation you linked, "none" does not seem to be an option.  Also, as
that documentation states, x and y should be normalized to [0, 1], as you
correctly guessed.  And finally, you may need to provide all the parameters
with values like I show above, not just the ones you are interested in.

But at any rate, this should not then affect the center of rotation, but it
sounds like in your case maybe it is?  Can you see if moving just a *tiny*
bit keeps at least some of the object in view?

Cheers,
Scott