[Paraview] How to develop filters

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Jan 23 10:54:44 EST 2015

I concur.

Basically what you need to know is how to write VTK algorithms and much of
that involves familiarity with the vtkDataSet API. You need to be
comfortable with datasets in order to inspect the input and populate the
output of your filter.

There are resources and examples on the web to help get you started.
Chapters 16 and 17 of the VTK User's guide are also helpful, as are the
courses that Kitware offers.

happy coding!

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.