[Paraview] Visualising image data

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jan 22 12:44:24 EST 2015

Click the gear icon in properties tab to get RI script.
Then put this there:
executive = self.GetExecutive()

outInfo = executive.GetOutputInformation(0)

outInfo.Set(executive.WHOLE_EXTENT(), 0, 4, 0, 7, 0, 9)

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Bruce Jones <bruce.david.jones at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the response David. Could you elaborate on this? I am not sure
> how to do what you are suggesting.
>
> Cheers,
> Bruce
>
> On Thu Jan 22 2015 at 11:46:02 AM David E DeMarle <
> dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> Announce the whole extent in the RequestInformation script section.
>> That should do the trick.
>>

>> David E DeMarle
>> Kitware, Inc.
>> R&D Engineer
>> 21 Corporate Drive
>> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
>> Phone: 518-881-4909
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Bruce Jones <
>> bruce.david.jones at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm working on a programmable filter that needs to produce a
>>> vtkImageData object. So far it appears to work, inspection of the
>>> properties panel shows the object has the correct number of points/cells
>>> and the data array contains the correct data. However I cannot get a
>>> visualisation with any of the representations (surface, outline, wireframe
>>> etc). Curiously, if i set the display to my data array then the color bar
>>> appears with the correct values, but still not visualization.
>>>
>>> I am using the following code to produce the image data object.
>>>
>>> from vtk import *
>>>
>>> output = self.GetOutputDataObject(0);
>>>
>>> # Create a VTK Grid
>>> grid = vtkImageData()
>>> grid.SetOrigin(0, 0, 0) # default values
>>> dx=10;
>>> grid.SetSpacing(dx, dx, dx)
>>> grid.SetDimensions(5, 8, 10) # number of points in each direction
>>> # print grid.GetNumberOfPoints()
>>> # print grid.GetNumberOfCells()
>>> array = vtkDoubleArray()
>>> array.SetNumberOfComponents(1) # this is 3 for a vector
>>> array.SetNumberOfTuples(grid.GetNumberOfPoints())