[Paraview] paraview cmake can't find proper qt

Jeff Becker jeffrey.c.becker at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 9 12:59:57 EST 2015

Hi. My initial run of ccmake complained that my distro's qt was too old,
so I downloaded and built/installed a supported version in
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.6. Thus I set:

//Where can the qmake-qt4 library be found
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.6/bin/qmake

However, even though ccmake completes (allowing the g key to be
activated), the qt libraries/executables listed in CMakeCache.txt are
all from the distro's versions (in /usr/lib64/qt4). E.g.,

//Path to a library.
QT_CUSTOMWIDGETPLUGIN_PLUGIN_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/qt4/plugins/designer/libcustomwidgetplugin.so

//Path to a program.
QT_DBUSCPP2XML_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/qt4/bin/qdbuscpp2xml

  Is there a QTHOME or similar variable I need to set to get the right
libraries/executables? Thanks.

-jeff