[Paraview] Help with 'Plot Selection Over Time' Filter

Teo Ioannis teojgor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:57:55 EST 2015

I am having the following problem with paraview. I have a .pvd which refers
to 6000-8000 .vtu files one for each time step. Each .vtu file contains
information for a finite element mesh consisting of 40000-50000 nodes in 3
dimensions and contains vector values for displacement , velocity and
acceleration. I load the .pvd file andi nteract with the model or watch the
animation and everything is fine. The problem starts when I select a
certain node and choose 'plot selection over time'  filter. The moment I
press 'Apply' in the pipeline browser, paraview becomes unresponsive and I
have to wait for about 5 minutes for the chart to appear. My pc has 16gb of
ram and an i7 4970k cpu so I don't think that the problem is lack of
resources . Am I doing something wrong? If show can you give me a hint
where to look for a faster solution (a python script maybe) or is this kind
of performance normal for my case?

Thank you very much.

Manitaras Theofilos