[Paraview] [BUG] segfault playing a simulation

Sergi Mateo Bellido sergi.mateo.bellido at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 03:27:23 EDT 2015

Hi Cory,

I'm stuck with this issue :(

1. Changing just the pvti file is not enough: I got a segfault using the
raw binary files.
2. I tried also adding a dummy slice at the end of all pieces to fix the
problem that I reported in one of my previous emails. So, instead of
changing the PVTI files I tried changing the VTI files.
     2.1. First of all, I had to increase the number of tuples of the
VtkArray because I was adding  the dummy slice. Since I didn't change
the whole extent and the piece extent of each VTI file, I got this
warning message:
     Warning: In /opt/VTK-6.2.0/Common/DataModel/vtkDataSet.cxx, line 421
     vtkImageData (0x3450390): Point array Var with 1 components, has
4080501 tuples but there are only 4040100 points
     This didn't work either.
     2.2. Afterwards, I tried modifying also the whole extent and the
piece extent. This seemed to work :)

Despite 2.2 seemed to work, I'm not sure if this is a valid solution or
just a workaround: If I open a VTI file directly (because I want to see
the data produced by a MPI process) the dummy slice is visualized.

 From my point of view, I think that we're trying to address an issue of
the PVTI format modifying something that works fine (VTI files).

Best regards,

Sergi