[Paraview] calculating the curl of a scalar field

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Aug 21 11:56:23 EDT 2015

Well, the curl of the gradient of a scalar field should always be zero,
assuming that the scalar field is twice differentiable. If you still want
to do that though you can do the following:

   1. Apply the Gradient of Unstructured Data Set filter on the scalar
   variable. You can leave the Result Array Name as Gradients.
   2. Use the Python Calculator filter's curl function. The expression will
   be "curl(Gradients)".