[Paraview] potential mapped on isosurface

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Aug 14 10:07:49 EDT 2015

Stefan,

To combine data from these files, I suggest using the Resample With Data
Set Filter. Set the Input to your phi file and the Source to your
isocontour. Your phi variable should now be available to color with in the
ResampleWithDataset filter in the pipeline browser.

Cory

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Stefan Ringe <stefan.ringe.tum at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have datafiles of type:
>
> x y z f(x,y,z)
>
> so 4 columns with datapoints. The grid is not regular. Until now I load
> the files as VTK particle files and plotting works fine. Now I have two
> files, a density file (x y z rho(x,y,z)) and a potential file (x y z
> phi(x,y,z)). I want to plot a contour map of phi on an isodensity surface
> of rho. How can I do this?
>
> thanks!
>
> Stefan Ringe

Cory Quammen