[Paraview] Make XDMF Sets work in Multi-block Inspector

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 10:02:55 EDT 2015

Hi,

We would like to use the Multi-block inspector to turn solutions on
and off on a given subdomain (set of blocks). Just like it works if
you load an Exodus file. We use XDMF and we were told to use Sets to
designate subdomains. We did that and indeed they appear in the
Multi-block inspector, but unfortunately they do not work to turn
solutions on and off. For some reason, they only appear to add
geometry *over* the solutions, so you don't see any solutions at all.
Only if you turn them off, then you can see the solution on the whole
mesh. In particular, you can't use those to turn off a solution on
just part of it.

Essentially it looks like if Sets created a new geometry without any
solutions associated with it (and allow to turn parts of this geometry
on and off, as expected), and then visualized it on top of the
original mesh+solutions.

Any ideas how to resolve that?

I tested ParaView 4.3.1.

Thanks,