[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Idiot's Guide to Programmable Filter

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Apr 29 10:29:29 EDT 2015

Hey Dennis,

Which version of ParaView are you using? We have made some significant
improvements to the way we handle multi-block datasets (which Exodus
produces) in the latest version.

The interface in the Programmable Filter is somewhat different than what
you would have in a ParaView Python script. This is because you actually
have access to the full data and the objects in there are of different
types.

If you give me some examples of what you are trying to do in the
programmable filter, I can provide code that demonstrates the use of the
API in the programmable filter.

Best,
-berk