[Paraview] Beginner's question: new data set with same filters. How?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Apr 28 21:47:27 EDT 2015

Rob,

There are two ways to do this:

1). Once your pipeline is set up, you can right-click on the input object
in the Pipeline Browers and choose Change Input... If you have loaded a new
data set, you can change the input to this new one.

2). As others have said, you can save a ParaView state file. When you
reload it, a dialog box asking you to confirm where the data files that
were loaded are located will appear, and you can change the locations of
those files to your new files there. Note that loading state files is
cumulative - you will need to reset the state manually if you want to clear
your old pipeline and data out. You can do this by clicking on the icon
with the two computers and red x.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Stub via ParaView <paraview at paraview.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After going through the tutorial, I am puzzled how to achieve the
> following:
>
> I have software that creates data, which I can visualize nicely with
> paraview.
> Different input parameters to the software create different data.
>
> Each time I want to view another dataset, I open paraview, load the data,
> and then put all the filters again in place.
>
> I find it a bit annoying that I need to organize the filters all over
> again, each time.
>
> I suppose there is a way that allows me to load the data into an existing
> filter arrangement, so that I quickly can visit one dataset after another.
>
> Can somebody give me some pointers how to do this in paraview?
>
> Thank you!
> Rob.

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer