[Paraview] Rendering in Paraview

Fastl, Thomas thomas.fastl at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 23 14:21:29 EDT 2015

Hello Community,

I have a question concerning rendering in Paraview (Version 4.2.0). I have two .vtk files: i) an ellipsoidal volume geometry of hexahedral cells (cell type = 12) and ii) the internal surface of the ellipsoidal geometry represented using quadrilateral cells (cell type = 9). The first one is colored grey in the attached image, while the latter one is displayed in blue. Opening both of them at the same time leads to a quite confusing representation, which I don't really understand.

In the image attached the quadrilateral surface was opened first followed by the hexahedral volume. So I can understand why Paraview renders the left part in the color of the volume, but I do not get why it splits the rendering and is checkered on the right side? Is this an intended behavior or might I have made a mistake? I checked the coordinates of the points in both files and they are identical. Thanks!

Best, Thomas Fastl