[Paraview] Python view

Ian Krukow i.krukow at tu-braunschweig.de
Tue Apr 14 05:55:41 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I want to try out the python view for the first time, but I am not
getting anywhere. I have created a python view and defined the functions
setup_data and render. I tried the example script from the Kitware Blog
(http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/588), and I do get the memory
size in the output messages, but the python view stays all black (no
plot, no axes, nothing). Am I just missing something?
I am using ParaView 4.3.1 64-bit Windows binaries.

Besides, I find it a little confusing, that I do not really know, when
the script is executed. What about something like an 'Apply' button?

Kind regards
Ian