[Paraview] MPI-aware reader plugin only has rank 0

Schlottke, Michael M.Schlottke at aia.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Apr 14 05:02:58 EDT 2015

Hi John,

[pause]

outInfo->Set(CAN_HANDLE_PIECE_REQUEST(), 1);

is the new way. if you don't set this then your reader only gets created on rank 0

was that [pause] for effect? If yes, nicely done :) That was exactly the piece of information I needed. After googling I also stumbled upon this site, which helped explain a little further what I need to do: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Parallel_Pipeline

Thanks again for all your collaborative help.

Michael