[Paraview] memory inspector information through Python API

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Apr 13 12:03:10 EDT 2015

It looks like it's in benchmark.py:

def get_memuse() :
    session =
servermanager.ProxyManager().GetSessionProxyManager().GetSession()

    retval = []
    infos = servermanager.vtkPVMemoryUseInformation()
    session.GatherInformation(session.CLIENT, infos, 0)
    procUse = str(infos.GetProcMemoryUse(0))
    hostUse = str(infos.GetHostMemoryUse(0))
    retval.append("CLIENT " + procUse + " / " + hostUse)

    infos = servermanager.vtkPVMemoryUseInformation()
    session.GatherInformation(session.DATA_SERVER, infos, 0)
    for i in range(0,infos.GetSize()):
        rank = str(infos.GetRank(i))
        procUse = str(infos.GetProcMemoryUse(i))
        hostUse = str(infos.GetHostMemoryUse(i))
        retval.append("DS[" + rank + "] " + procUse + " / " + hostUse)
    return retval