[Paraview] Mean

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Apr 9 20:39:44 EDT 2015

Thanks, Ken.  That's brilliant.

I agree.    I marked them  for 4.4.

Alan

From: Moreland, Kenneth
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 8:56 AM
To: Andy Bauer; Scott, W Alan
Cc: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Mean

The easiest way "should" be to use the plot over time filter's internal ability to give you the average of everything it is plotting. Right now to do that is more awkward than it should be, so you have to do as least as many steps as Andy's solution. But here is a solution.

1. Open the Find Data dialog
2. Make a selection that selects everything (e.g. ID is >= 0)
3. Click the "Plot Selection Over Time" button
4. In the resulting plot, turn off all variables and then turn on the AVG(EQPS) series

Note that this would collapse to one step (apply a filter) if bugs 0014978 and 0014945 were implemented. I suggest giving these a high priority. Bug 0014978 should be really easy to implement. Bug 0014945 is going to take more time, but it is really important to make all plot-over-time functionality useful.

-Ken