[Paraview] plot contour in ParaView

Yifei yma74 at gatech.edu
Wed Apr 8 14:11:53 EDT 2015

Thanks for your reply. My goal is to plot stress contour for my simulation results. It seems to me that when I use pizza.py to convert dump file from LAMMPS into other file types, the data is always point data (coordinate and value at a point). So I wonder if I could convert the dump file into certain file types ParaView could use to plot contours?

As far as I know, in MATLAB I could use griddata function to interpolate scattered data (point data in 2D). Then use contourf function to generate contours. I wonder if ParaView provides similar functions like griddata to convert the input data, then apply the contour filter?

Thanks,
Yifei