[Paraview] TemporalParticlesToPathlines filter missing scalar

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Mon Jun 30 23:48:08 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am confused by something that the TemporalParticlesToPathlines
filter seems to be doing.  It seems to be deleting or replacing
one of the scalar fields in the "Pathlines" output.

I have a rather simple pipeline:

    Data
    TemporalInterpolator
    TemporalParticlesToPathlines
       Pathlines
         Tube
       Particles
         Glyph

So the data has a handful of scalar values:
    * density
    * id
    * mass
    * type
    * velocity (okay, not a scalar)
    * vphi

And all the filters offer these as available to color the data
by -- except!  Except under the Pathlines (and Tube), the "mass"
data is replaced by "TrailId".

Of course, I'm trying to color the pathlines by the value of the
particle "mass", so this is a problem for me.

And I'm using the "id" field to make sure the particles are properly
associated with their past selves in the "TemporalParticlesToPathlines"
filter.

Any thoughts?  Didn't find anything via Google (though I limited the
search to the past year).

Oh, and I tried this both with ParaView versions 4.0.1 and 4.1.0.

	Thank you,
	Bill

--
Bill Sherman