[Paraview] Writing a custom reader for PV

Richter, Christian, Dipl.-Ing. christian.richter at ovgu.de
Wed Jun 25 11:52:29 EDT 2014

Hi,

it is realy easy.
Feel free to use my existing readers as starting point (I would suggest the rigids_reader, because it extracts points in a given order from a special-format file)
https://github.com/richti83/ParaView_Reader_for_LIGGGHTS

Just change the classname in every file.
Than change the section where i skip the header and adapt the switch block to your needs in RequestData Method of liggghts_rigids_reader.cxx.

About time-varing files: I usually write every timestep in a single file (dump0.liggghts ... dump100000.liggghts) and than let the fileseries reader loop over them. (see liggghts_rigids_reader.xml about the connection between reader-core and fileseries reader).

Good Luck,
Christian.