[Paraview] Problem displaying only point data

Keith Kelly k3ithk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 22:54:39 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have a function to write pvtu and vtu files to disk containing
information about position (3 values) and value (2 values). For Cell
connectivity, I only connect a point to itself, and my cell offset is then
just increasing by 1 every time. For cell type I use 1. I can open these
files in ParaView with no error, and I can see all the data (value and
position) in spreadsheet view, but I have no options to display the value
(magnitude) as points.

Here's what I see:
Spreadsheet view: http://i.imgur.com/UoWaXhj.png
3D view: http://i.imgur.com/m19ONKG.png

How can I view these points colored by the magnitude of their values?

Tested in ParaView 3.1.3 and ParaView 4.0.1.

Thanks,
Keith