[Paraview] Statistics Inspector data via Python

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Tue Jul 29 17:27:21 EDT 2014

ParaView People,

I wonder how I might go about accessing the numbers that appear in
the "Statistics Inspector" view panel via the Python scripting
interface.  I would like to output some data in the log that I
write when generate a batch animation -- items such as memory
consumption and number of polygons for example.

It looks like basically all the data that I am interested in is
contained in the "Statistics Inspector", so I'm hoping there is
a quick way to access the data.

I read through Utkarsh and Ben's Kitware Blog entry on ParaView
memory consumption, but that relies on procfs, and I'd rather
avoid going through that to keep track of things -- besides that
just gives the overall consumption, and then broken down by
shared objects rather than pipeline objects.

One other thing -- I'm curious as to what the difference is between
the "Statistics Inspector" columns named "Memory (MB)" and
"Geometry (MB)".  I'm confident that the first means what is
suggests, but I don't know what Geometry would be measured in
MegaBytes, and how that would differ from basic memory consumption.

	Thanks,
	Bill

--
Bill Sherman