[Paraview] Newbie: adding field plot from another file

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:52:29 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I am following the tutorial (Basic Usage) for ParaView, and I am trying
to figure out how to do a simple thing:

Adding a filed from another file.

I have two files, one with displacements, and one with stresses. I'd
like to do two things, basically.

First, deform the shape, and I know how to do it now (warp by vector).
Second, add a stress color map (for instance) on the *deformed* shape.

Obviously I don't know how I can do this. I can have the two separate
plots, it's a piece of cake with ParaView, I can analyze, and visualize
the contours... only on the original mesh.

Is it possible to apply a different data source to a warped shape?

Thanks!